Our latest allergy friendly recipe, Love Cake Pulled BBQ Jackfruit Tortillas, is brought to you by our clever friend @sarahtannernz. The tortillas are made with Love Cake All Purpose Plain Flour and are so easy to make, the kids can help out! And the BBQ jackfruit topping is so lip smackingly good, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser in your house. Don’t forget to share your creations with us @lovecakenz.
Love Cake Pulled BBQ Jackfruit Tortillas by @sarahtannernz
- Mixing bowl
- Non stick frying pan
- Paper towels
- Sharp cutting knife
- 2 cups Love Cake All Purpose Plain Flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 can jackfruit, drained, rinsed and “pulled” apart
- 2 tbs bbq sauce
- 2 cups coleslaw pre-mix, or finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup of finely sliced red onion
- 2 tbs vegan mayo plus an extra tsp for topping on each tortilla
- Fresh coriander
- To make the tortillas, place the flour and salt into your mixing bowl. Mix together. Add the water and oil and knead together to form a dough. Let sit for around 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, break the dough into 4 equal parts. Carefully press or roll out each part onto a floured surface, and form 4 circle shapes.
- Heat a little oil in your non stick frying pan and one by one, cook each tortilla until crispy on the outside, but still soft on the inside, around 3-4 minutes each side.
- Once cooked, transfer the tortillas to a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Using the same frying pan, cook the jackfruit for around 4 minutes. Add the bbq sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, massage the vegan mayo through the coleslaw.
- Take each tortilla and place a spoonful of coleslaw in the middle, followed by a spoonful of the cooked jackfruit, finishing with finely sliced red onion and a dollop of mayo and fresh coriander leaves.